Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Social Issue

Bottled water is one of the worst ideas ever. Even though I am guilty of buying it myself, mostly because of convenience, it really is ridiculous. Not only are we wasting money but we are polluting the planet. The water is treated with chemicals, put into plastic bottles, wrapped in plastic, then it is shipped across the country in a huge truck. Think of how much pollution has came from that one shippment of bottled water. What a waste, and to think of how much easier, greener and cheaper it would be to buy a reusable water bottle and take the water from our own tap.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with saying that bottled water is ridiculous. It is so much cheaper to just use a cup from home and put water in it. If you think about it; if you spend about 4-5 dollars on a reusable watter bottle and a bottle of water costs a dollar or more, after a few times using it the savings can add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completly. It is a waste of money to buy bottled water all the time. I also agree that it causes lots of extra waste that our country already has plenty of. But I am guilty of buying this wasteful product because of it's convience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also guilty of doing this, mostly because I drink so much water in a given day that I would have to buy a boat load of reusable water bottles and keep them on a rotation... it sounds logical to just do that but I just haven't gotten around to it... I suppose this might make me feel guilty enough to go do it tomorrow lol

    ReplyDelete