Tuesday, June 22, 2010
what a rip off!
This past weekend my family and I went to the carnival. Just to get there and find out that now not only are they going to charge $20 for an armband but they are going to split the day into sessions. 11-5 or 5-11. Not knowing this I show up at 2:30 or so thinking we would have the whole afternoon to hang out there. So then I have to decide do I pay $20 per person for 2 and a half hrs come back at 5 when its packed with teenagers, or skip the carnival because its such a rip off. Well of course I couldn't skip the carnival because I would have made the kids cry, and I didn't want to let them go on a couple of rides and then tell them we had to leave because our session was over because again I would have crying kids, so I decided to come back at 5. This also made the kids cry because they didn't understand why we had to leave. It's a no win situation. Two out of the three kids were too short for any of the adult rides so there was like 5 rides they could go on. I was so furious with the stupid carnival by the end of it. I will not go back to that carnival ever again. Last year they charged $20 per day for arm bands and I had already felt that was a rip off, but a year later the price is doubled for the day. I have no clue how much it cost to run a carnival, however I'm going to guess that someone is making a huge profit. It would have cost just as much to spend the day at Michigan adventure thats including the water park. I guess I should have checked into the prices without the kids. Next time I wont waste my money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree! $20 for one of the sessions that you probably can't make it to for all of it anyway! It's ridiculous! I haven't been to the carp carnival in years, but I think when I went, you just had to buy tickets to go on the rides and each ride you had to give so many tickets. It was still a little ridiculous back then. It's even more so now. I wouldn't go back either. I probably won't go ever again! I'd much rather go to Michigan's Adventure anyway!
ReplyDeleteThis same thing happened to my family this summer! I took my 4 year old son and 5 year old nephew to the fair and we were 1 hour from the first bracelet deadline. I was FURIOUS and the boys were a mess! I brought them back later only to find out they ran out of bracelets and I had to buy $40 in tickets and THEN a storm blew in and shut the whole fair down in less than 30 minutes. It was terrible!
ReplyDelete